This image on 'imgur' has been doing the rounds of FB for a while, especially after the release of Titanic 3D. In spite of all the hoopla over why Jack couldn't be accommodated on the same wooden plank as Rose, I feel there are pressing reasons as to why it simply wasn't possible...
- Titanic was released in 2D. Jack and the plank occupied different planes.
- The plank was a chunk off the ship's elevator with a tag '1000 pounds weight limit'.
- Rose felt their relationship was going too fast. She needed some 'space'.
- Jack's elastic straps holding the pant up had broken and he was embarrassed to climb atop the plank in his briefs.
- Jack was Aquaman in disguise and decided to ditch Rose because she was high maintenance.
- The pool used to simulate the ocean was too small and salt-less to provide the required buoyancy to an overloaded plank.
- Jack and Rose were tributes in the Hunger Games from different districts.
- Jack was promised the title role in 'Pirates of the Caribbean', a sequel to Titanic. But only his first name made it.
- The plank was the door from a first class cabin and Jack was a third-class passenger.
When US beckoned me by Siddharth Wagh is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.